Thursday, November 16, 2017

Sunnyvale Squares Nov. 16

Today was a very wet day as it rained all day and all the previous night. Traffic was all messed up and there were many accidents on the road. It’s the first major “storm” of the rainy season here in sunny California, which is called winter. To me, if there’s no snow or cold weather, it’s not winter, but it’s all relative and I have gotten used to a new kind of winter in California. When you’re used to sunny and hot days all the time with no rain for half the year, this is the “winter”. It’s all relative I guess.




Anyways, we were warm and dry at our evening club dance as Jim entertained us with his square dance calling and singing and I did the rounds as usual. Here are the dances we did this evening, some of which were requests that we hadn’t done for some time and some were totally new that I’d not done at all previously. I had been working on cueing Whistle While You Work, so thought I’d give that a try live and it worked out well I think. It’s usually pretty good if I end before the music does and the dancers end with the music. That way we don’t leave either cues or extra measures on the table. They’re hard to fit in elsewhere! :)


Pre-Rounds:

Paparazzi V+0+1 CHA by Kincaid
Ain’t Misbehaving V FT/TS by Slater
Carnival IV+1 RB by Rumble
El Reloj IV+1 BOL by Trankel/Glider
Uptown III+2 JV by Gloodt
Whistle While You Work III+1 QS by Muller/Haas
Heavenly Waltz II WZ by Porter
King of the Road II TS by MacDougall/Cohen

Square Dance Doubles:

Dancing at Washington Square IV+1 TS/FT/JV by Robertson + Jacalyn’s Waltz II WZ by Wilhoit
Banana Boat Cha IV CHA by Filardo + I Don’t Do Floors II TS by Callahan
Pop Goes the Movies TS/FT/RB by Raye + Alibis II WZ by Chico
Rhythm of the Rain III RB by Seurer + Mickey’s House II+1 TS by Parker
Y Bailo III+1+2 CHA by Chadd



Don’t forget one of our club’s annual dances on Saturday, our Cactus Jack hoedown. Bring door prizes and food to put out. Doors open at 7pm and I’ll begin the pre-rounds at 7:30pm. John Muir Middle School, Branham Lane, San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come Dance with Me is now on WordPress!

So, you've probably noticed that I haven't been keeping this blog up. I've moved it to WordPress and have been keeping it up the...